SIGN UP FOR CLASS
Please submit 2 separate entries, one for payment, one for registration. Registration send button is at the bottom of form.
Start Time: 8:30 AM (please come early to register)
End time: Variable, figure 6:30 pm or a little later.
Where: Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club (cvrp.org)
What to Bring: Eye and Ear Protection, a billed cap, Lunch, Snacks, drinks, Photo ID
NOTE: PLEASE BRING YOUR LUNCH, DRINKS, AND SNACKS. ACCESS TO ADDITIONAL REFRESHMENTS LIMITED. WORKING LUNCH.
Quality Handgun* in a defensive caliber with at least 30 rounds of ammunition (bring a few extra). Each student should handgun. Please bring only factory ammunition (No handloads please), bring a holster if you have it (not required). A bag or case for storing and transporting the handgun is recommended. Bring several magazines or speedloaders if you have them.
Wear clothing allowing use of a belt. Please bring a strong belt. Please do not wear low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes.
If desired, we can provide a Gun and Ammo Package: ($25 9mm semiautomatic or $30 .38 revolver and all the ammo needed for class. Please notify us ahead of time if possible.
**** THERE IS NO LIVE AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. DO NOT BRING IN ANY FIREARMS INTO THE CLASSROOM UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO BY THE STAFF. PLEASE LEAVE THEM IN THE CAR OR JUST LET US KNOW AND WE WILL STORE THEM FOR YOU****
NC Laws concerning concealed carry handgun and use of deadly force. Written exam
Working lunch-eat during lectures.
Handgun types and components, safety, and marksmanship. Gun handling lectures. Gear. Holsters. Ammunition.
Range time: Variable depending on class size. Range qualification session as detailed below.
Cost: $70- Includes everything except gun, ammunition, eye and ear protection, and food. Group Discounts Available.
Range Session: 30 total rounds. 10 each at 3, 5, and 7 yards. Shots aimed at center of mass of target (do not aim at head). Must hit 21 of 30 shots.
NOTES ABOUT THE RANGE QUALIFICATION: If you are brand new to shooting, we recommend that new shooters go to the range at lease once ahead of time and fire a handgun, preferably of the same type used in class, prior to reporting to class. We definitely do have brand new shooters do extremely well, but it is preferable if you have shot a gun before. We cover all the basics, but in concealed carry class the training wheels are off.
THE RANGE SESSION IS LIMITED TO THE NC MANDATED SHOOTING QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS. THIS IS TO BE PERFORMED WITH A SINGLE FIREARM SELECTED AHEAD OF TIME FOR USE DURING THE QUALIFICATION.
GUNS, AMMO, ETC:
1. Single action revolvers, derringers, and Rifle-type pistols (AR and AK pistols) are not permitted for the range qualification. Guns must have a minimum capacity of 5 rounds.
2. Revolvers must be fired double-action (without the hammer cocked) for every shot.
3. Traditional Double action/Single Action semiautos (exposed hammer) with a decocking lever must be decocked between strings of fire. First shot of each string must be fired double-action. Subsequent shots of that string are fired single action.
4. If your gun has a safety, it must be engaged at the completion of each string of fire (a few exceptions for double action or striker-fired guns).
5. Aiming must be performed with open sights without optical assistants – No scopes, lasers, red-dot etc. For laser equipped pistols the laser may be turned off or we can tape over it for the session. Lasers definitely have place, but their use is not allowed for the qualification. Please make sure you are familiar with these methods of aiming and shooting your gun.
6. Please bring only well-functioning, reasonable quality firearms and ammunition to class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your pistol
7. Please bring only factor ammunition. No handloads.
8. .22 caliber firearms are allowed, but are not recommended. We allow these as they can sometimes be the only viable choice for some shooters, but we discourage them due to a combination of the inherent unreliability of the cartridge, especially in semi-automatic pistols, as well as the very low power compared with self-defense caliber handguns (.38 special, .380, 9mm, 40, 45, .357 magnum, etc.)
IF you choose to bring a .22 semiautomatic to class, please use high-velocity ammunition(CCI MiniMags are usually very good) and test your gun with it before you come to class. Repeated malfunctions can in rare circumstances compromise your ability to complete the course of fire with the class and to receive your certificate. You may need to return at a later date at potentially more expense.
9. Each student should have a handgun to use. Sharing is usually not possible depending on whether more than one firing line is to be run.
Questions? Email us with ANY questions at email@example.com